Have you ever seen art that makes you happy? Takashi Murakami’s art uses popular images, like smiley faces and flowers, to make us think about what we enjoy and what we buy.
You’ll need a paper, pencil, crayons. You can trace with a Sharpie when you’re done drawing with pencil.
- Draw 3 medium sized circles. Add smiley faces to them.
- Draw several straight lines coming from the circles, like a sun.
- Connect the straight lines with curved lines, like a flower petal.
- Add straight lines and curved ends to all your smiley faces.
- Add 3 small sized circles. Add smiley faces to them.
- Add straight lines and curved lines for petals.
- Keep adding small smiley face flowers until there isn’t much room left on your paper. It’s okay if they overlap.
- ***If you drew with pencil, trace over with a Sharpie now. Color in your flowers with your favorite bright crayons.