Sandersville has five students, one from 1st through 5th grades, whose artworks will be included in this year’s Elementary and Middle School All State Art Show. A link with be shared so families can enjoy exceptional student artworks from across the Commonwealth!
Youth Art Month is coming up and Kentucky is getting ready! Youth Art Month will be held in March and encourages support for quality school art programs, and promotes art material safety. Visual art programs help develop skills including:
- Problem solving
Art shows, special exhibits, and school and community activities take place annually, to celebrate visual art education for grades K – 12.
- Designs must be in color.
- Designs must include the Youth Art Month logo AND the name and shape of the state of Kentucky (shown above and in entry form).
- Designs must illustrate the 2020 Youth Art Month theme “Art Connects Us” and include these words in the design.
- Entries must be submitted on an 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece of copy paper (no lined paper).
- The contest entry form (see form shown below) must be glued to the back (no staples). Entry form needs to be in a horizontal format (sideways).
- Information on completed entry form must be typed or printed clearly.
- Submit an Artwork Photography Release Form (see form shown below).
Entry Form and Artwork Photography Release Form (download to fill out & print)
**For entry form: find your state legislators here
If you would like to participate, drop off your artwork with your completed entry form attached to it at Sandersville by Dec 1, 2020. There will be a state-wide winner and 1st-5th places winners for elementary, middle school, and high school. Winners will be announced by December 18, 2020.
Hello! I’m Ms. Baird, your art teacher. No matter how we start the year, I am excited to see you and can’t wait to make art with you. I hope you’ve had a safe, happy, and healthy summer. Here’s a little about me.
Click the image to hear about this week’s artist inspiration, studio habit of mind, and art assignment.
Join us this weekend to celebrate artists and art-making at the Francisco’s Farm Art Fair. Students from all schools in Woodford County will have artworks on display. The opening reception will be on Saturday, May 18 at 2:00pm at the Ann Hart Raymond Building at Midway University.
As the 2018-2019 school year closes, the art room would like to thank Southside Families for all their support. This year, we’ve participated in eight special art events in addition to our choice-based art classes.
- Improbable Baubles at the Headley-Whitney Museum (5th)
- Art to Remember (PreK-5th)
- Doodle 4 Google (K-5th)
- Francisco’s Farm Art Festival (3rd-4th)
- Scenery and props for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade music performances
- KY All State Art Show (3rd-5th)
- Cafeteria Mural (4th-5th)
- Collaborative Mural for Arts Day (K-5)
Thank you for continuing to support our students’ creativity!
Fourth and fifth graders have been working hard and it shows! Check out our almost- finished mural in the cafeteria.