If you are missing the clay center, here’s a Do-It-Yourself option- salt dough. Check with the grownups in your house for permission before beginning.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- food coloring (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Optional color– Add a couple of drops of food coloring. Mix well.
- Design and create an artwork. Have fun!
- Store salt dough in a sealed bag in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
- Optional save and paint– salt dough can be baked at 200 degrees until it hardens. Thicker artworks will take longer to harden. Salt dough can be painted with tempera or acrylic paints after it’s baked.