Youth Art Month is coming up and Kentucky is getting ready! Youth Art Month will be held in March and encourages support for quality school art programs, and promotes art material safety. Visual art programs help develop skills including:
- Problem solving
Art shows, special exhibits, and school and community activities take place annually, to celebrate visual art education for grades K – 12.
- Designs must be in color.
- Designs must include the Youth Art Month logo AND the name and shape of the state of Kentucky (shown above and in entry form).
- Designs must illustrate the 2020 Youth Art Month theme “Art Connects Us” and include these words in the design.
- Entries must be submitted on an 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece of copy paper (no lined paper).
- The contest entry form (see form shown below) must be glued to the back (no staples). Entry form needs to be in a horizontal format (sideways).
- Information on completed entry form must be typed or printed clearly.
- Submit an Artwork Photography Release Form (see form shown below).
Entry Form and Artwork Photography Release Form (download to fill out & print)
**For entry form: find your state legislators here
If you would like to participate, drop off your artwork with your completed entry form attached to it at Sandersville by Dec 1, 2020. There will be a state-wide winner and 1st-5th places winners for elementary, middle school, and high school. Winners will be announced by December 18, 2020.