The fifth grade is learning about DaVinci and his masterpiece, The Mona Lisa. We will learn her history and why she’s so famous.
We will create our own parodies of The Mona Lisa, using mixed media. These are student artworks. How did they reinvent the Mona Lisa?
Mona Lisa– Download the PowerPoint we’ll view in class.
- Think of how you could change Mona Lisa as a person. How would you change her clothing and background?
- Choose at least 2 types of media. Your media should enhance your parody. Example: Princess Peach Mona Lisa (from Mario) would need blonde hair, a sparkly pink gown, and a castle.
- Practice your ideas on two mini Mona Lisas. You will have glitter, glue, and paint available for your final version, but not for your minis.
- Once you have your best idea: create your final parody (on the big paper). Fully color in your whole Mona Lisa- no empty white spaces. Your new Mona Lisa should look completely different than the original. Look at the examples! Come see me at the purple table for glitter.
- Once you’ve completed your final version, glue it onto a construction paper frame. Write your name on the back of your frame and decorate the front. Fill out a rubric and staple it to the back of your artwork.