The 2nd grade is learning about the neutral colors: brown, gray, white, black. We learned that Russian artist, Natalia Goncharova, painted what she thought space looked like.
- Compare Goncharova’s paintings to the images from space. What are the differences? Similarities?
- Brainstorm what is in outer space, like asteroids, planets- so much more!
- Students have a large black paper for their background.
- Students need three, small pieces of neutral paper: gray, white, brown.
- Draw your outer space objects on the small papers. Cut them out and glue them down.
- Add details to your planets, such as craters.
- Use shiny foil to add stars, spaceships, and astronauts to your artwork. Be careful, foil is tricky to cut!