The fifth grade will work on a collaborative project with the Headley-Whitney Museum to create sculptures, write artist statements, and participate in a museum exhibition!
The Headley-Whitney Museum is home to a collection of George Headley’s bibelots. A bibelot (pronounced bee-bah-low) is a small, decorative object. Here are some of George Headley’s bibelots:
Like George Headley, we will create bibelots. We will turn “trash” into “treasures.” You may bring in items from home. Keep in mind: all bibelots must fit in our “SIZE BOX.”
So what are we doing?
- No violent or inappropriate themes
- Your piece must fit in the size box.
- At least 50% of your piece must be recycled materials
- Your piece should be appealing from all sides
- East artist will complete a bibelot, a photograph of their bibelot, and an artist’s statement
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Opening reception to celebrate: Saturday, November 17
November 17-December 22: Our bibelots will be on display at the Headley-Whitney Museum! All participating students will have their artist statement and photograph exhibited.