Abstract art lets artists use their imagination and create unrealistic art. Abstract art can even be a sculpture. Artist, Louise Nevelson, created abstract sculptures from pieces of wood that she found. She assembled the wood into sculptures. This type of sculpture is called an assemblage.
We will make abstract wooden assemblages inspired by Louise Nevelson. Goals:
- My assemblage can stand on its own.
- My assemblage uses many different shapes.
- My assemblage includes at least one object that I found.
- My assemblage is all painted.
- I can talk about what my assemblage could mean.
Bernard Williams is also an assemblage sculptor. How do his sculptures look different from Louise Nevelson’s?