Kentucky’s Youth Art Month (March 2016) has a new theme for this year’s flag design contest, “The Power of Art”. Each category: Elementary, Middle, and High School, will have 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners. The winning student’s artwork will be transformed into a flag to represent our state! Please let Ms. Baird know if you’re interested in this opportunity.
Here’s the 2014-2015 Flag Design Winner:
- Student: Morgan Donaldson
- Teacher: Jennifer Billings
- School: Montgomery County High
- Grade: 10th
- Contest is limited to K-12 students.
- Only one entry per class can be submitted.
- Designs should be in color. Flag designs should not have more than ten colors including black and white. Crayons, markers, colored pencils, paint work well.
- Entries can be submitted on the 2015 entry form or white piece of 8 ½ x 11 paper (like copy paper).
- Designs must include the YAM logo and the name and/or shape and/or some form of symbolism of the state of “Kentucky”.
- Designs must show the 2015 theme “The Power of ART” and include this phrase in writing.
- Entries must be given to Ms. Baird by Friday, Nov. 13th.