Picasso was a Spanish artist who invented Cubism with his friend, Georges Braque. Picasso was a prolific artist, who created over 50,000 artworks during his lifetime. His portraits are some of his most famous.
We will create a Cubist-self portrait. Think of how you can rearrange your face in a Cubist style. Here’s the trick: the face still has to be recognizable as you.
Here’s a website that lets you practice making a Cubist portrait.
Here’s the rubric for this artwork. Review Level 4.
8) Neatly begin painting your background. Follow painting steps.
9) Paint skin colors. You skin colors can reflect your mood, like green= jealousy, it doesn’t have to be realistic.
If you want to use realistic skin colors: you can either mix paint or use paint from the bottles. If you mix skin colors, you must finish it today. Today is the only mixing day.
- Peach= white+ a little orange+ a tiny bit of brown
- Tan= brown+ white
- You can make either of these lighter by adding more white or darker by adding more brown.
10) Finish your painting. Fill out your rubric and staple it to the back of your artwork.