Fourth and fifth graders have been working hard and it shows! Check out our almost- finished mural in the cafeteria.
All classes have been working on Art to Remember artworks. Look out for more information on this wonderful fundraising opportunity.
Artists get ideas from places that are real and places that they imagine. The North Pole is a real place, but few people have been there. I’ve even heard that there’s magical village there. Here’s what the North Pole looks like:
Make an artwork inspired by the North Pole. Your choices:
- Make a realistic artwork showing the North Pole.
- Make an artwork showing what you think Santa’s Village looks like in the North Pole.
We learned about Yayoi Kusama and painted murals using her dot theme.
Get your brain thinking creatively!
- Work in pairs or small groups.
- Draw 30 points (or dots) anywhere on your paper.
- Connect all of the dots, in any way, with any materials. How will you make it look like a complete artwork that all goes together?
- Work collaboratively to complete this challenge.